- Free initial consultation.
- Two-three additional consultations. During these consultations I will get to know you personally, educate you about birthing procedures, help you design your birth wishes, ease birthing fears, and help your partner be present during this joyous time.
- Provide continuous labor support.
- Capture tender birth moments as instructed/allowed.
- Facilitate initial breastfeeding support.
- Provide immediate postpartum support and stay with mom should baby need NICU services.
- Postpartum check-in visit.
To learn more about what a doula actually does, please read this blog post. 🙂
- Assess latch/feed
- Offer suggestions, tips
- Offer emotional support to mom
- Screen for common feeding problems
- Offer mom additional breastfeeding resources
Postpartum Placenta Specialist:
- Encapsulate placenta in your own home, to ensure that you are consuming your own placenta, and to be sure your placenta is not introduced to any foreign bacteria.
- Follow strict BBP and ProDoula training guidelines.
- Encapsulation takes two days, 2-3 hours per day.
- Offer postpartum support to mom.
- Other placenta services (tinctures, salves, prints, etc.) are also available upon request.