Today is my first MCMaternity baby’s first birthday. Where the HECK has the time gone?! I can’t believe I am lucky enough to have been doing what I love for a year. And, I can’t thank the families who put their trust in me to be a part of their birth stories enough. Without people believing in what I do, there would be no MCMaternity. So again, thank you, thank you, thank you!
What has this year looked like? Below is a little summary of highlights:
- Completed my DONA International Doula training workshop in Albany, NY
- 7 vaginal deliveries
- 1 Caesarean section delivery
- Helped an additional 5 families prepare for birth (education, birth plan design)
- Became a Certified Lactation Counselor
- Took classes in childbirth education, reflexology, and breastfeeding
- Had my services auctioned at the AGC Scholarship Foundation Gala for Hope
What do I have planned so far for this year?
- Twins! Multiple sets of them 🙂 🙂
- Experience with same-sex couples
- Infant CPR certification
- Learning more tips for the blog, first-hand, by babysitting my favorite 4 month old baby girl
What are my goals for this year?
- Help a lot of people
- To finish all certifications I have started
- Figure out better ways to market myself
- Write more blog entries
- GET PREGNANT. For crying out loud.
- At least 12 deliveries. At LEAST.
- Complete the “Packages” section of my website
- Learn more about the business side of business
- Find a good, reliable back-up doula (anyone interested??)
Long-shot Goals (if I make enough revenue to support):
- Start the process of becoming a certified Childbirth Educator
- Become a certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialist (that’s right, folks! It’s time other people hop on board the placenta-loving train!)
I am very excited about this coming year. Now that I have some great education and first-hand birth experience under my belt, I certainly need to learn more about the business side of this business. Have suggestions? Don’t be shy! I thrive off of constructive criticism, and I created this website for you. Let’s make this business work, together 🙂
Interested in joining my team? Contact me. Know of anyone who could benefit from my services? Please, let me know. Want to give my services as a baby shower gift? I have the certificate ready 🙂
And, if you see this handsome, happy little one-year old (who absolutely ADORES his older sister), wish him a Happy Birthday!