Today is my first MCMaternity baby’s first birthday. Where the HECK has the time gone?! I can’t believe I am lucky enough to have been doing what I love for a year. And, I can’t thank the families who put their trust in me to be a part of their birth stories enough. Without people believing in what I do, there would be no MCMaternity. So again, thank you, thank you, thank you!
What has this year looked like? Below is a little summary of highlights:
- Completed my DONA International Doula training workshop in Albany, NY
- 7 vaginal deliveries
- 1 Caesarean section delivery
- Helped an additional 5 families prepare for birth (education, birth plan design)
- Became a Certified Lactation Counselor
- Took classes in childbirth education, reflexology, and breastfeeding
- Had my services auctioned at the AGC Scholarship Foundation Gala for Hope
What do I have planned so far for this year?
- Twins! Multiple sets of them
- Experience with same-sex couples
- Infant CPR certification
- Learning more tips for the blog, first-hand, by babysitting my favorite 4 month old baby girl
What are my goals for this year?
- Help a lot of people
- To finish all certifications I have started
- Figure out better ways to market myself
- Write more blog entries
- GET PREGNANT. For crying out loud.
- At least 12 deliveries. At LEAST.
- Complete the “Packages” section of my website
- Learn more about the business side of business
- Find a good, reliable back-up doula (anyone interested??)
Long-shot Goals (if I make enough revenue to support):
- Start the process of becoming a certified Childbirth Educator
- Become a certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialist (that’s right, folks! It’s time other people hop on board the placenta-loving train!)
I am very excited about this coming year. Now that I have some great education and first-hand birth experience under my belt, I certainly need to learn more about the business side of this business. Have suggestions? Don’t be shy! I thrive off of constructive criticism, and I created this website for you. Let’s make this business work, together
Interested in joining my team? Contact me. Know of anyone who could benefit from my services? Please, let me know. Want to give my services as a baby shower gift? I have the certificate ready
And, if you see this handsome, happy little one-year old (who absolutely ADORES his older sister), wish him a Happy Birthday!